My work focuses on young people and adults who often have problems with:
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity (ADHD) assessment and treatment: working alongside psychiatrists, schools etc to better support clients who are seeking diagnostic clarification and/or treatment of ADHD and comorbid symptoms
- Depression: feeling down, numb, not motivated
- Anxiety: worrying about the future, feeling panicky, anxious around people
- Video games & technology: excessive or compulsive use of video games which is a barrier to daily life
- Relationships: things not going well with friends, family, or issues at school/work place
- Bilingual: can speak Mandarin and Cantonese
- …and many, many more
In our sessions, it will be a space where clients will be listened to, supported and challenged to remove obstacles from the road they’re on. I am interested in the story of where things are now, how they came to be, and how we can work together to overcome problems whether they be mountains, or molehills.
I am consistently amazed by the strengths that clients carry within them and look forward to sharing in their unique journey as a fellow traveller.
Besides being the founder of Living Life Psychology, I am also working as a Senior School Psychologist at Knox Grammar. I also draw from previous extensive experience (8 years+) in community mental health, private practice, headspace and child protection.
I employ only the latest evidence based practice (e.g. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, mindfulness) when working with clients, and would describe my style as integrative and holistic.
Outside of being a psychologist, I enjoy health and fitness, spending time with friends, the occasional Netflix show, travel, video games, and keeping up with memes.
Thank you for reading and hope to see you soon.