The psychiatrist will conduct a comprehensive assessment. Based on the diagnosis he/she will offer a suitable management plan.
Our practice is backed up by a team of psychiatrists with a wide range of expertise in the following areas:
Mood disorders, including:
- depressive disorders
- Bipolar Affective Disorder
- General Anxiety Disorder
- Social Anxiety
- Specific phobias
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders
- Including associated co-morbidities
Psychotic disorders, including:
- Schizoaffective Disorder
- Reactive Psychosis
- Delusional Disorders
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Bulimia Nervosa
Forensic & Medico-legal
Please inform us in advance should you require this type of service
Some of our psychiatrists are able to Bulk Bill your sessions in certain circumstances
Our psychologists have a variety of expertise in a range of fields, some with over 20 years of clinical experience.
We welcome adults, children and adolescents. Some of our psychologists offer individual or group therapy.
Some of the areas in which our psychologists can assist are:
- Self-destructive behaviour
- Postnatal depression and other types of depressions
- Emotional dysregulation disorders
- Borderline personality disorder
- Attachment issues
- Bereavement and grief
- Adjustment issues
o Separation anxiety
o Panic attacks and panic disorder
o Specific phobias (such as a fear of animals)
o Public transport
o Injections etc.
o Health anxiety
o Excessive worries and generalised anxiety
o Fear of public speaking
o Obsessions and compulsions
o Social anxiety
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Relationship counselling and family issues
- Psychological management of injury rehabilitation
- Sleep disorders
- Stress management
- Assertiveness training
- Drug and alcohol
- Emotional instability
- Self-esteem and assertiveness issues
- Eating disorders
- Addictions and problematic behaviours related to alcohol, substances and food
- Self-harm behaviours
- Difficulties relating to work/studies or career
Our Occupational Therapist has vast experience in mental health issues, emotional and social distress.
Treatment programs may involve working with individuals in the following areas:
- Work and Productivity Skills – to practice and develop skills to enhance work or study performance, and/or return to work, study or retraining
- Life Skills – to facilitate the individual’s independence in managing daily tasks and preventing relapse
- Leisure and Recreation Skills – to provide opportunities for the individual to engage in a range of options to develop interests that they can undertake independently in the community
- Social Skills – which underpin the individual’s ability to progress in all the above areas and provides increase in confidence to relate with others in a variety of settings
Our Dietitian and Nutritionist can provides medical nutrition therapy and supports treatment for a wide range of health conditions.
Nutritional care can also be provided for individuals and families who wish to improve their general health and wellbeing.
Some of our Allied Mental Health professionals are able to Bulk Bill your sessions in certain circumstances
Mental health conditions are usually unique and often pose complex challenges. Finding the right help can be difficult. We strive to make mental health services easily accessible, enabling you to have access to trusted mental health resources from leading mental health providers in Australia. United Consulting Rooms work in conjunction with external health professionals, such as General Practitioners (GPs), to ensure that you receive optimal care.
“I cried a tear, you wiped it dry, I was confused, you cleared my mind, I sold my soul, you bought it back for me, and held me up and gave me dignity. You gave me strength to stand alone again, to face the world out on my own again. You held my hand when it was cold, when I was lost, you took me home. You gave me hope when I was at the end” – Anne Murray
If you, or someone you know needs support, someone to talk to, or is in crisis, please contact one of our clinicians who can help and support you on your journey to recovery.